Abby's Way Basic Crepes & Filling
- 1 13 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup flour
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 2 quarts fruit
- 2 cups sugar
- 12 cup cornstarch
- warm water
- To make the filling: Put the fruit and sugar in a pan, cooking on medium.
- Mix cornstarch and just enough warm water to get rid of any lumps.
- (you can also use the juice from the fruit).
- Add the cornstarch mixture to fruit and continue to cook until the crepes are cooked.
- Beat eggs slightly and then add all remaining ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Heat crepe pan or a small skillet on medium heat until hot.
- Grease lightly with oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan, immediately tilting the pan until the batter covers the bottom.
- Cook until the edges start to dry and the center is set.
- Turn over just to brown the other side.
- Garnish with cool whip or ice cream.