10-Minute Batter! Rich Gateau au Chocolat
- 1 Egg (large)
- 100 ml Heavy cream (or milk)
- 150 grams Chocolate bar
- 40 grams Butter
- 100 grams Pancake mix
- I used a bit less than 3 bars of dark chocolate.
- I recommend using milk chocolate when making this for kids!
- Microwave the chocolate and the butter together for 2 to 3 minutes until melted.
- (Stir occasionally so as not to let the chocolate burn.)
- Beat the egg in another bowl, add the heavy cream, and mix.
- (If the mixture is cool, warm it up a little by microwave or over a bain-marie, so it will be easier to mix after Step 5.)
- Add the combined melted chocolate and butter to the mixture and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add the pancake mix all at once and mix.
- The batter is done!
- Pour the batter into the mold.
- Fill a baking tray with hot water and place the mold insde.
- Steam-bake at 180C for 25 to 30 minutes, and it's done!
- The cake is nice and puffy when baked!
- Remove it from the mold once completely cooled.
- For taste-testing, I recommend that you bake one cup cake of the batter alongside the gateau au chocolat.
- You can make a fondant chocolate cake if you add some leftover chocolate blocks in the cup as well!
- This cake goes well with a warm drink!