Asian Chive Pancakes with Soy Sauce Dipping Dressing
- 1 bunch Chives
- 3 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 cups Water
- Oil, For Frying
- 1/2 cups Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- Slice off ends of chives and discard.
- Slice the remaining tender portions of chives into 4-inch long pieces.
- Rinse and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, salt, eggs, and water.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth but not necessarily lump-free.
- Add chives and mix.
- In a hot frying pan, add oil.
- Ladle batter onto frying pan, pressing down on the pancake to form a flat round shape.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- When golden and crisp, flip with a spatula and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce and rice vinegar.
- Slice pancakes into bite sized pieces and serve with dipping sauce.