- 2 lbs pork sausage
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 12 cup sliced almonds
- 3 packages dry chicken noodle soup mix
- 9 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a Dutch Oven, over medium-high heat, add sausage, onions, pepper and celery.
- When sausage is browned, stir in rice and almonds.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry soup mix with boiling water; stir well.
- Stir soup mixture into Dutch Oven and combine.
- Cover casserole and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes; uncover and bake for an additional 50 minutes.
- Serves a lot!