" Goodness Gracious That's Good" Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with peppers
- 64 ounces chicken broth (or homemade chicken stock even better)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn
- salt & pepper
- 12 avocado, diced into 1-inch pieces
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Place first 7 ingredients in a dutch oven and boil on a low roll until chicken is done.
- Turn down to a simmer and add more chicken broth if necessary.
- Dice or shred the cooked chicken and return to the pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When serving top with diced avocado and shredded cheese.