Applesauce Pie Recipe
- 10 lrg Granny Smith apples peeled and minced
- 1 lrg lemon sliced and seeded
- 2 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter or possibly margerine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 x unbaked pie crust
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a dutch oven over medium heat, stirring often, 35 min or possibly till thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Throw away lemon slices.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour applesauce into 9" pie crust.
- Cut 1/2" strips of pie dough andEmake a lattice design over applesauce filling; and crimp edges.
- Bake on lowest oven rack at 425* for 30 - 35 min or possibly till golden.