Applebee's Southwest Steak Skillet Recipe
- 2 x sirloin steaks - (5 1/2 ounce ea) (or possibly your favorite cut)
- 4 x shakes blackened steak seasoning
- 1/2 c. julienne-cut red peppers
- 1/2 c. julienne-cut green peppers
- 1 c. julienne-cut yellow onion Butter as needed Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste Granulated garlic to taste
- 1 slc Cheddar cheese
- 1 slc Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat skillet or possibly grill to 550 degrees.
- Shake blackened steak seasoning on to one side of meat and grill to desired doneness, turning halfway on grill between "flips" to achieve "diamond" grill marks.
- While steak is cooking, cut onions and peppers.
- Heat butter and saute/fry onions and peppers.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Reduce heat and hold till steak is cooked.
- For final minute of steak cooking, top with cheese slices.
- Plate for service with onions and peppers and serve with your favorite side dishes.
- Applebee's serves theirs with skin-on garlic mashed potatoes and garlic bread.
- This recipe yields 1 serving.