Amangani Breakfast Potato
- 2 gallons water
- 2 tablespoons salt, plus additional for seasoning
- 2 pounds small red bliss potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch minced garlic
- 1/4 cup julienne zucchini
- 1/4 cup julienne red onion
- 1/4 cup julienne squash
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, rosemary, or parsley leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bring the water and 2 tablespoons salt to boil.
- Meanwhile, cut potatoes into desired shape (we cut into sixths).
- Add potatoes to boiling water and lower temperature to a simmer.
- Cook potatoes until tender and then drain and dry.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes to the oil and cook until almost browned.
- Add the garlic and vegetables and saute until squash is cooked through.
- At the last minute, add the fresh herbs and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.