All Day Applesauce With Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- 2 lb Granny Smith apples cored, and cut into 1/2" thick slices
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 6 scoop fat-free no-sugar-added vanilla frzn yogurt - (1/4-c. ea) Grated nutmeg to taste
- Lay apple slices in a 3-qt or possibly larger crockery slow cooker.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over apples and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 1/2 to 8 hrs.
- To serve, spoon warm apples into 6 dessert dishes.
- Top each with a scoop of frzn yogurt.
- Lightly sprinkle with nutmeg and serve.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.