"Strawberry Hill" Yogurt Mousse No. 2
- 500 grams x 2 packs Yogurt
- 1 one small pack Strawberries
- 7 grams Gelatin
- 7 tbsp Water
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 13 grams Gelatin
- 8 tbsp Water
- 8 tbsp Sugar
- 3 grams Gelatin
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Please drain the yogurt for more than one night.
- (This will make it less than half the original weight).
- Remove the stems from the strawberries, and cut into 4-5 slices vertically.
- Use the inner 2-3 slices for decoration, and add the pieces with a bad shape or leftovers into the dome cake.
- Please spread out plastic wrap into the bowl.
- Place the ingredients for the decoration into a cup, and dissolve for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add a little bit of the gelatin mixture to the bowl, then place the bowl in some ice water to cool it.
- Stick the strawberries to the bottom while it's cooling.
- Stick them in while spinning the bowl and add gelatin in the same manner for the second and third rows.
- (Place into the fridge for about a minute and spin it...
- It's simple to make this while chilling the bowl).
- Please chill in the fridge after you have finished.
- Use a mixer to add in the leftover strawberries and sugar, and blend it.
- After it has turned into a sauce, add in the yogurt and mix some more.
- Add the ingredients for the mousse that have been dissolved in the microwave to Step 4 and mix, (Please refer to the comments section for the amount of gelatin) and please pour into the container with the strawberries stuck in it to the very top.
- Let chill in the fridge for several hours to solidify, cover with a plate as a lid, flip it upside down and remove the bowl, and please also carefully remove the plastic wrap.
- Make the gelatin mixture for the finishing touch by microwaving it, and use a brush etc to coat the outsides with a brush etc.
- to give it a glaze, and it is done (I placed one strawberry on top for the photo).
- Postscript 1: There will be a variation in how to drain the water and hardness of the yogurt based on the type used.
- If you are using a soft yogurt or a yogurt that doesn't reduce by half when drained, then please adjust the hardness by increasing the amount of gelatin.
- Postscript 2: If you cut the strawberries thick enough to bury into the gelatin when making this, it will turn out pretty and will give it height without falling apart.
- It seems that you should cut them as thinly as possible if you want to give it a good texture.