Apricot Galettes With Amaretto Recipe
- flaky pastry made with 175g plain flour and
- 110 gm butter (qv flaky pastry) eadytoeat dry apricots Lspoons amareuo liqueur rhole blanched almonds toasted cut into slivers (optional) aped tsp. demerara sugar to serve:
- 1 x little icing sugar sieved
- 200 ml crime fraiche
- 2 x 30 x 25.5cm solid baking sheets lightly greased
- 10 x cm pastry cutter.
- Make the pastry (qv) and refrigeratefor 30 min in the fridge.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface to 3mm cut out six 10cm discs and place these on the baking sheets.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 7/425F/220C.
- Cut the apricots in half then place nine apricot halves on each round of pastry topped by a few almond slivers (if using).
- Sprinkle a tsp.
- of amaretto over each one then sprinkle them all with the demerara sugar.
- Bake for 10 to 12 min in the oven one tray on the highest shelf the other on the next one down till the pastry is crisp and brown and the apricots have browned and caramelised a little at the edges swapping the baking sheets over halfway through.
- Serve straight from the oven sprinkled with icing sugar and the chilled crime fraiche or possibly leave to cold.
- Dry apricots are great for this in the winter but in summer its also good with fresh apricots in that case youll need the same quantity ofsmall apricots halved and stoned.
- Serves 6