-- Tasty's -- the Power of Flower7 Salad
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves or 1 cup mixed greens
- 2 -3 stalks green onions, whole
- 8 slices bell peppers, seeded, membrane and stem removed (use a variety of colors like orange, red, purple, yellow, etc.)
- 2 black olives, cut in half
- 4 chive blossoms
- 2 -3 large strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 12 cup green peas
- fresh variegated mint leaf
- light vinaigrette, your choice
- *Note: see my posted photo above for a guideline on how to arrange the vegetables, fruit and herbs on the platter.
- Of course, how you arrange the produce and what produce you choose, is left to creative license.
- Place the baby spinach or mixed greens towards the bottom of a platter.
- Set the green onions on the platter-these are your "flower stalks".
- Place the slices of bell pepper in a "flower" pattern on the green onion stems.
- Place the strawberry slices (the "petals") between slices of bell pepper "petals".
- (I would have added more strawberries but I ran out.
- Arrange each black olive half in the middle of the flower and garnish each olive with a chive blossom.
- Put the green peas on top of the spinach or mixed greens.
- Place mint leaves around the edges of the platter.
- Serve salad with the vinaigrette.
- 'Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun'.
- Kahlil Gibran.