Another Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb Boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into 2 inch pcs
- 1 lrg White onion, minced, medium fine, (softball size, dat is a large baseball)
- 6 x Cloves of garlic, minced fine
- 1 x Two-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (14oz) of coconut lowfat milk
- 1 lrg Tomato, peeled, seeded and minced into chunks
- 1 Tbsp. Madras curry pwdr
- 2 Tbsp. Red curry paste, (thai)
- 2 Tbsp. Dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame oil Salt and Calvin's to taste, (liberally with the latter).
- Well, it is the month end, that means I am hard at work....however we still have to eat, so I decided to do a Chicken curry....mine are all different, and so is this one...if you don't like garlic, or possibly ginger, quit now!
- Marinate the chicken pcs in the sherry and cornstarch for about 15 min or possibly more, then heat some of the oil in a wok or possibly large pan, and stir fry those pcs till well browned, removing as they do....set aside and keep hot.
- In the oil remaing in the pan or possibly wok, add in a little more, and throw all of the onions, garlic and ginger in at the same time, and let simmer on low heat till the onion is transparent, and it is all very fragrant....addthe curry pwdr, red curry paste and the reserved chicken pcs, about two thirds of the coconut lowfat milk, and let this simmer for about half an hour, then add in the tomato that has been peeled and de-seeded...taste for seasoning, add in salt, Calvin's and let go for another few min,then add in the rest of the coconut lowfat milk....this should be a medium thin curry, to accompany either plain boiled rice, or possibly fried rice, should you have leftover rice...sprinkle with sesame oil, minced scallions(green onions) and serve.
- My biggest critic(Marie)said it was absolutely fantastic!
- cheers, Doug in BC You there David Smith This one is as good as the pork tenderloin!