Amaranth Rye Sticks
- 1 package yeast, active dry
- 1 1/2 cups water warm
- 1 tablespoon milk, skim, (non fat) powder
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt optional
- 3 1/4 cups rye flour
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 x sesame seeds optional
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; stir in milk, molasses, and salt.
- Stir in flour and caraway seeds.
- Knead dough about five minutes.
- Cut into 36 pieces and roll into sticks approximately five inches long.
- Roll in sesame seeds.
- Place on an oiled baking sheet, spray with water, then bake at 425 degrees F. for 18 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.