Asian Grilled Steak With Tangy Wasabi
- 13 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 14 cup dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 14 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 1 12 lbs flank steaks
- 4 teaspoons wasabi powder, prepared according to label
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- Combine marinade ingredients in large zip top bag.
- Score flank steak on both sides and add to bag.
- Press out excess air.
- Refrigerate 8-12 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Grill steak with lid closed 14-16 minutes, until done to your taste.
- Let rest, tented with foil, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare wasabi according to label.
- Add rice vinegar until it achieves the consistency of a thin mustard.
- Slice the flank steak thinly across the grain.
- Serve with tangy wasabi.