Asian Style Flounder Packets Recipe
- 2 lrg green onions
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp grated peeled gingerroot
- 4 x flounder fillets
- Work Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 18 min
- Cut tops of green onions crosswise into 2-inch pcs, then cut each piece lengthwise into thin strips; reserve for garnish.
- Thinly slice white part of green onions.
- In small bowl, mix soy sauce and rice vinegar.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- From roll of foil or possibly cooking parchment, cut four 15" by 12" sheets.
- Arrange 1 flounder fillet on half of each piece of foil; spread each with 1/2 tsp.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp.
- soy-sauce mix over each flounder fillet; top with sliced green onions.
- Fold other half of foil over fish.
- To create sealed packets, fold edges of foil over about 1/2 inch all around, overlapping folds.
- Place packets in 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pan.
- Bake packets 8 min.
- To serve, with kitchen shears, cut an X in top of each packet to let steam escape before serving.
- (When packets are open, check which fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.)
- Garnish fish with reserved green-onion strips.
- NOTES : For flavorful fish - with no added fat - bake these fillets in foil (or possibly parchment) packets.
- Serve with crusty dinner rolls.