2 Variations of Homemade Korean Miso Sauce (Ssamjang)
- 2 tbsp Miso
- 1/2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 dash Pepper
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 Roasted sesame seeds
- 1 all of the ingredients listed above Basic miso paste
- 2 tbsp Gochujang
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Red hot chili pepper powder (imported from Korea)
- 1 clove Grated garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Japanese leek (finely chopped)
- Basic miso sauce: Mix all of the ingredients together and you're done!
- It's not spicy, so it's great for kids too!
- Spicy miso sauce: Mix all of the ingredients for the basic miso sauce.
- Then add all the ingredients for the spicy miso sauce and mix well.
- If you'd like, add some finely chopped scallions as well!
- This goes great as a sauce with spring rolls..
- Mix the sauce together with boiled shishito peppers and red chili peppers for an easy side dish.