Andouille Sausage and Red Beans over Rice
- 1/2 pounds Andouille Sausage (Johnsonville Is Gluten Free), Sliced In Bite-sized Rounds
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole Small Onion, Chopped
- 1 whole Bell Pepper, Seeded And Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 can (15 Oz. Size) Red Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 can (15 Oz. Size) Dark Red Kidney Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 can (10 Oz. Size) Tomatoes With Green Chilis, Undrained
- 1 can (15 Oz. Size) Stewed Tomatoes, Undrained
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoons Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoons Paprika
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 whole Bay Leaves (Optional)
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 2 cups Water Or Chicken Broth
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven with a lid to medium heat.
- Lightly spray pot with cooking spray and place sliced sausage in skillet.
- Cook sausage for 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Add olive oil, chopped onion, peppers and garlic and let the mixture cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add drained and rinsed beans and un-drained Rotel and tomatoes.
- Add spices, broth and bay leaves (if using).
- Bring mixture to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan bring broth or water to boil then add rice, reduce heat to low and cover.
- Let it simmer for 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve the red bean mixture over rice
- Alternately, you can put the red bean mixture (without rice) in the crockpot and let simmer on low all day.