- 12 cup rolled oats
- 12 cup plain flour
- 13 cup desiccated coconut
- 13 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 12 ounces butter, 70gm
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 150/300F
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the oats, flour, coconut, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
- Place the butter, water and golden/maple syrup in a saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until the butter mixture melts.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the baking soda.
- Pour the mixture into the flour and stir until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and place on the baking tray.
- Flatten the balls, making sure there is room for the biscuits to spread.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.