- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 13 cup chopped walnuts
- 14 cup packed brown sugar
- 14 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 12 teaspoon lemon, rind of
- 12 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pastry for double-crust pie
- In a bowl, combine the apples, walnuts, brown sugar raisins, flour lemon peel,ans cinnamon|set aside.
- Roll pastry to 1/8 in.
- Cut into 5-in.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup apple mixture into center of each circle.
- Moisten edges of pastry with water.
- Fold over and seal edges with a fork.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 400; bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Brush each with milk and sprinkle with sugar;return to oven for 5 minutes.