Apple Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large gala apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup toffee chips
- Preheat oven to 325F,
- Spray a 9-by-9 inch baking pan.
- Prepare the topping.
- Combine all Ingredients and mix well.
- this is when I also add chopped pecans and toffee chips
- In a bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs.Add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Now pour your wet ingredients into flour mixture mix well..Now add your sour cream.
- Mix well
- Pour half of the batter into the pan.
- Layer with half of the apple slices, then half of the topping.
- Pour in the remaining batter, layer with the remaining apples (keep 3 slices for decoration), then add the rest of the topping.
- Arrange the remaining slices on top.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy
- I also bake mine after the first hour at a higher temp of 350 for about 20 minutes too give the topping an extra crunch.
- Recipe: courtesy of Enjoy Cooking The Costco Way cook book