- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned almond filling (I use SOLO)
- 14 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 12 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 14 cup sliced blanched almond (I like to toast them)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs; blend well.
- Add the almond filling and milk; blend well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; add to the butter mixture and mix to form a dough.
- Scoop 2 rounded tablespoons.
- of dough and roll them together to form each cookie.
- Drop dough 2-inches apart onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Press the sliced almonds into the tops.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until the cookies are firm to the touch and lightly golden.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- Store airtight.