AMIEs RICE with PEAs
- 400 grams green peas
- 1 2/3 liter chicken stock, heated
- 80 grams butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cup arborio or other risotto rice
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp mint, finely chopped (optional)
- Heat half the butter and the oil in a large, heave-based saucepan over-low medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until softened.
- Add the peas and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place half of cooked peas in a food processor and blend until pureed.
- Set aside.
- Add the rice with the remaining peas, stirring to coat, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the stock gradually, a ladle at a time, stirring constantly.
- Be sure the liquid is absorbed before the next addition.
- Cook for 10 minutes, adding the stock.gradually, stirring continously.
- Add the puree and cook for another 5-10 minutes, adding any remaining stock, until rice is al dente.
- Mix half the parmesan, the remaining butter, the parsley and mint.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Served topped with the remaining cheese.