Andouille & Poblano Quesadillas
- 2 pre-cooked andouille sausages (can be chicken or pork)
- 1 medium sized poblano pepper
- 12 red bell pepper
- 12 large red onion
- 12 cup corn
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups colby cheese, shredded
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- Finely chop first 4 ingredients to a uniform size (no bigger than 1/4 inch pieces).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage, onion, peppers and corn.
- Saute about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once sausage mixture is done, remove from the heat.
- Now its time to fill your tortillas.
- Spread a quarter of the sausage mixture onto half of a tortilla.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Fold over the tortilla, making a half moon shape.
- Repeat with the other 3 tortillas.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot carefully place two quesadillas in the pan.
- They can brown quickly so make sure to keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
- After about 5 min carefully flip the quesadillas.
- Once crisp on both sides remove to a plate and continue with the remaining 2.
- To serve, slice each quesadilla into 4 wedges and top with sour cream and/or salsa if desired.