" Biscotti with Chocolate Chips "
- 1/4 cup butter- at Room temperture
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl.
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs- one at a time mix well after each egg.
- Scrape bowl & sides.
- Beat in vanilla- b.powder-salt.
- Reduce mixer speed.
- Gradually add flour.Until incorparted.Add chocolate chips.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough in half.
- Shape each piece into 12" logs.
- Transfer logs to baking sheet.With damp fingers flatten slightly to about 3" wide.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Until lightly brown around edges.
- Remove from oven.
- Let rest 20 minutes.Reduce oven heat to 300 .
- Transfer logs to cutting board.
- Cut them into 3/4" to 1" wide slices.
- Return slices cut side up back on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 min.
- Turn them over bake another 15 min.
- Allow them to cool.
- Store in a container for 2 weeks at room temperture.