Apple Apricot Strudels Recipe
- 3 c. Apples, minced
- 1 c. Dry Apricots, Minced
- 1/2 c. Almonds, Slivered
- 1/3 c. Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 c. Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Grnd Nutmeg
- 8 x Frzn Phyllo Leaves, (Thawed)
- 1/4 c. Butter, Melted Powdered Sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix apples, apricots, almonds, granulated sugar, bread crumbs, lemon juice and nutmeg.
- Fold 1 phyllo leaf in half crosswise and brush with margarine.
- (Keep remaining phyllo leaves covered with a dampened towel to prevent them from drying out.)
- Place about 2/3 c. of the apple mix in center of phyllo leaf 1 inch from narrow end of leaf.
- Fold sides of phyllo toward center, overlapping sides slightly.
- Roll up, beginning at filling end.
- Place seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo leaves and apple mix.
- Bake 30 to 35 min or possibly till golden; cold.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with Soft Custard if you like.
- 8 SERVINGS; 280 CALORIES PER SERVING.