Arugula And Potato Soup Recipe
- 4 med new potatoes scrubbed and diced (about 2 c.)
- 3 c. water
- 2 c. arugula leaves loosely packed then minced salt
- 2 c. cubed country sourdough bread freshly grnd black pepper generous
- 4 tsp green fruity extra virgin olive oil
- Put potatoes and water in heavy pot and bring to boil.
- Cook potatoes about 15 min or possibly till partially cooked, then add in arugula and a couple large pinches salt.
- Cover pot and continue cooking about 20 min.
- Turn off heat, add in bread, then cover and let pot stand about 10 min.
- Add in pepper and extra virgin olive oil to taste and serve.
- Drizzle with a little more extra virgin olive oil if you wish, after it has been ladled into bowls.
- NOTES : My friend Priscilla Coe first introduced me to this recipe 10 years ago.
- It is a very easy soup, and very inexpensive if you grow your own arugula.
- Make sure you spring for a good sourdough bread and excellent extra virgin olive oil.
- It is the difference between a good soup and a great soup.