Apple Raisin Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) dried apples, chopped coarse
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted lightly and cooled
- Into a bowl sift the flour, the cinnamon, the baking soda, and a pinch of salt.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together the egg and the brown sugar until the mixture is thick and pale, add the sour cream and the vanilla, and beat the mixture until it is combined well.
- Beat in the flour mixture, a little at a time, and beat the batter until it just combined.
- Stir in the apples, the raisins, and the walnuts and divide the batter among 16 paper-lined 1/2 cup muffin tins.
- Bake the muffins in the middle of a 350F.
- oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean, turn them onto a rack, and let them cool.