Addictive! Mild Kimchi Jjiage (Korean-style Stew)
- 400 grams Napa cabbage kimchi
- 150 grams Pork
- 200 grams Chinese cabbage
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Chinese chives
- 2/3 Tofu
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1 dash less than 1 tablespoon Miso
- 500 ml Water
- 1 Korean chili pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 Sugar
- Cut the ingredients.
- Kimchi (roughly chopped), Chinese cabbage (separate the leaves from the core, roughly chopped), pork and tofu (bite sized pieces), onion (sliced), Chinese chives (5 cm lengths).
- Heat a pan and coat with sesame oil and stir-fry the pork until brown.
- Add the core of Chinese cabbage and onion, stir-fry until wilted and add the kimchi.
- Add butter and miso.
- Add the Chinese cabbage leaves and stir well.
- Add water, cover with a lid and simmer over medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Add the tofu.
- When the tofu is heated through, add the Chinese chives and warm through a little and turn off the heat.
- Add sugar and Korean chili pepper to taste.