- 2 cups sugar
- 1 12 cups oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 34 cup butter
- 14 cup milk
- Beat together first 4 ingredients.
- In seperate bowl mix flour and spices.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture to egg mixture.
- Add apples and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees 50 minutes for 13" X 9" pan.
- In small saucepan on stove, bring all 3 ingredients to boil.
- Cook 3 minutes, Stirring frequently.
- With end of wooden spoon punch holes in baked cake.
- Pour hot topping over warm cake.
- Top with chopped nuts if desired.