Apple Raisin Cream Pie
- 1 each pastry for 2 crust pie
- 8 cups apples, granny smith slices 1/8 inches thick
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins, seedless
- 1 dash salt if desired
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest grated
- 1 tablespoon butter rounded
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Make favorite pastry; line bottom of pie tin with one crust and set aside.
- Combine apple slices, sugar, flour, spices, raisins, salt and lemon peel; mix together well.
- Spoon filling into pastry-lined pan; dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust decorated with steam vents; seal edges.
- Cut a 1-inch circle from dough in center of top crust.
- Bake at 400F (200C) for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven; slowly pour cream into center hole of top crust.
- Return to oven; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- (Refrigerate any leftovers.)