Artichoke and Sweet Potato Gratin
- 2 tomatoes, one diced and one halved and thinly sliced
- 2 9-oz. pkg. frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 15.5-oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced about 18-inch thick
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly oil 2-qt.
- gratin dish.
- Toss diced tomatoes with artichoke hearts, scallions, 1 Tbs.
- olive oil, 1/2 tsp.
- oregano and 1/4 tsp.
- salt in bowl.
- Set aside.
- Put beans, stock, 1/2 tsp.
- oregano, 1/4 tsp.
- salt and 1/4 tsp.
- pepper in food processor; puree.
- Line bottom of dish with half sliced sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp.
- salt and remaining pepper.
- Spread on bean mixture, add artichoke mixture and cover with potatoes; reserve 20 slices.
- Arrange tomato slices and remaining sweet potato slices on top, overlapping edges.
- Brush with remaining oil.
- Sprinkle with remaining oregano and salt.
- Dust with pepper.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove cover, and sprinkle top with ground walnuts.
- Bake 15 minutes more, or until topping is golden brown.
- Wait 10 minutes before serving.