Almond Sticks Recipe
- 1 c. Butter
- 1 c. Sugar
- 2 x Large eggs plus 1 yolk
- 2 c. Finely minced almonds
- 1 tsp Finely grated lemon rind
- 2 c. Flour
- Cream the butter till light.
- Add in 3/4 c. of the sugar, the 2 Large eggs, all but 1/4 c. of the almonds, the lemon rind, and flour and mix till all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Gather the dough together in one lump, cover in plastic wrap, and refrigeratefor 2 hrs.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On lightly floured board, roll out 1/2 of the dough at a time to a sheet 1/8 inch thick.
- cut into strips 3/4 inch wide and 4 inches long.
- Lightly beat the egg yolk and brush it on the tops of the cookies.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 c. each sugar and almonds.
- Place about 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheets and bake for 10 to 12 min.
- Yield: 12 to 15 sticks.