Apple And Blackberry Pudding Recipe
- 450 gm bramley apples
- 125 gm caster sugar
- 125 gm butter
- 50 gm soft fight brown sugar
- 3 x Large eggs beaten
- 175 gm self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking pwdr
- 1 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 175 gm blackberries loganberries or possibly blackcurrants
- Peel core and roughly chop the apples.
- Place in a saucepan with 3 tbsp water cover and bring to the boil on the simmering plate.
- Transfer to the simmering ovenand cook for about 15 min or possibly till just softened but still in chunks.
- Sweeten with about 50g caster sugar to taste.
- Allow to cold.
- Cream the butter brown sugar and 50g caster sugar together in a bowl.
- Gradually beat in the Large eggs.
- Sift in the flour baking pwdr and cinnamon; mix in using a metal spoon.
- Add in the berries or possibly blackcurrants and cooled apple.
- Mix in lightly.
- Spoon the mix into a buttered shallow 2 litre ovenproof dish.
- Bake on the grid shelf on the floor of the roasting ovenwith the cool plain shelf on the second set of runners for 30 min or possibly till golden then move the plain shelf to the middle of the simmering oven.
- Transfer the pudding to this shelf and cook for about 15 min till just hard in the centre.
- Bake on the grid shelf on the floor of the baking ovenfor 40 to 50 min till just hard in the centre.
- Serve warm with vanilla custard or possibly cream
- COOKS tip When fresh berries or possibly blackcurrants are unavailable use frzn fruit draining off all excess juice once the fruit is thawed.
- Serves 6