- 12 large jalapeno peppers
- 12 lb lean bacon, cut in half crossways
- 4 ounces breakfast sausage, your favorite (cooked crumbled and drained)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- wash peppers and leave stems on.
- cut a slit down the side of each pepper, from end to end.
- With a pointed spoon, reach in and scoop out as much of the membrane and seeds as possible.Set aside.
- Combine crean cheese, cheddar cheese, and sausage.
- Mix well.
- With a small spoon or injector, fill each jalapeno with the mixture.
- Wrap each jalapeno with a half slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Broil until bacon is crisp and filling is hot.