A Pilgrim's Lentil Pottage Recipe
- 2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 1 med Onion, minced
- 8 c. Cool water
- 11/2 c. Lentils
- rinsed in cool water and liquid removed
- 3 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 1/8 tsp Grnd cloves
- 11/2 tsp Salt
- Black pepper
- Soften vegetables in oil in soup pot.
- Add in water, lentils, ketchup, cloves and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low, cover and cook till lentils are tender, about 45 min, adding more water if needed.
- If you like, add in vinegar, wine, or possibly lemon juice for flavor.