Acar (Indonesian Garden Salad) Recipe
- 1/2 c. Water, cool
- 1/2 c. White vinegar
- 1 slc Ginger root, crushed
- 31/2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 3 tsp Salt
- 1 x Yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 5 c. Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 c. Carrot, finely shredded
- 2 c. Cucumber, thinly sliced
- In salad bowl combine first five ingredients.
- Add in vegetables.
- Toss thoroughly and chill at least one hour.
- NOTES : This is very easy and has an interesting flavor.
- I last made it in February 1998.
- I used red and green cabbage and brought it to an engagement party in an antique covered serving dish.