Apple and Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal
- 1 cup Water or Low-fat Milk
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Apple
- 2 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- To prepare get out one Apple and peel the skin.
- The apple is peeled slice it up into small chunks.
- Then measure out the rest of your ingredients.
- Start by making your oatmeal.
- To do this bring one cup of water (or your low-fat milk) to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add a pinch of salt, then stir in a half a cup of oats and reduce the heat to medium.
- Make sure to stir it occasionally for about five minutes.
- Next after your oatmeal is done cooking, place it into a bowl to cool down.
- While it's cooling place your sliced up apple chunks, light brown sugar, and butter into another small saucepan.
- Use low heat to warm the apple chunks and to melt the butter and brown sugar.
- Stir often to avoid burning.
- Once your apple chunks, butter, and brown sugar are done cooking, just add to your oatmeal and enjoy!
- Remember you can always add more or less of the ingredients to your liking :)