As Good As Mashed Potatoes (But Fat Free) Recipe
- 4 med Potatoes - (abt 1 1/2 lbs) scrubbed
- 1 1/4 c. Water
- 4 x cloves Garlic chopped
- 4 Tbsp. Minced parsley
- 3 dsh Warm-pepper sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Yellow mustard
- 2 tsp Grainy mustard
- 2 tsp Prepared horseradish
- 1/4 c. Fat-free lowfat sour cream
- Pare potatoes or possibly leave skin on, according to taste.
- Cut into 1-inch cubes; place in heavy medium saucepan.
- Add in water, garlic, parsley, warm sauce and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat, cover and let cook for about 20 min, stirring and breaking the potatoes up with a fork, adding more warm water if potatoes seem too dry.
- Continue stirring and mashing the potatoes for about 5 min till the water is absorbed and the potatoes are soft and lumpy.
- Remove from heat; stir in mustards, horseradish and lowfat sour cream.
- Yields 4 to 6 servings.
- Comments: If there are any leftovers, make a great potato salad by adding minced onion, celery, pickles, hard-cooked Large eggs and fat-free mayonnaise or possibly lowfat sour cream.