Aromatic Water Chestnut And Prawn Stuffing Recipe
- 75 gm Water chestnuts, (3oz)
- 1 x 125 gram lon grain rice, cooked (4oz)
- 2 x Spring onions, sliced finely
- 175 gm Whiting, cooked and chopped (6oz)
- 250 gm Prawns, peeled and chopped (8oz)
- 1 Tbsp. Minced chervil and tarragon, mixed, or possibly 1 Tbsp. dry mixed herbs
- 2 x Egg whites, beaten lightly Soy sauce Pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180 C/350 F. Cut the water chestnuts into julienne strips and add in these to the rice.
- Fold in the sliced spring onions, chopped fish and prawns, and finally the herbs.
- Mix thoroughly and season to taste with soy sauce and pepper.
- Then mix in the egg whites.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 min.
- NOTES : This gorgeous mix of chopped whiting, prawns and water chestnuts makes an original stuffing for aubergines; for hollowed-out tomatoes; or possibly for courgettes or possibly yellow peppers, and is delicious rolled up inside fillets of plaice, and steamed lightly in the oven.