Apple-Brined Grilled Pork Chops Recipe whiskeyhead
- 4 boneless pork chops, a little bigger than palm-sized, about 1 in. thick
- 2 c unsweetened apple juice
- splash of white vinegar
- 1 Tbs sea salt (just my pref., you could use table salt)
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp sugar
- for a little fire, seed and mince a dried red chili
- Mix apple juice and seasonings in a flat baking dish.
- Dip both sides of chops in the mixture and marinate (preferably) overnight or at least two hours, turning halfway to evenly soak all sides.
- Grill (I use charcoal) 5 minutes per side for light pink center, or 5 and 6 minutes for fully cooked but no less tender!