Almond Apple Stuffing Recipe
- 2 c. minced Granny Smith apples
- 1 1/2 c. sliced almonds
- 3/4 c. minced onions
- 3/4 c. minced celery
- 4 Tbsp. butter or possibly margarine
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 c. whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 c. raisins
- 1 x egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 x to 1/2 c. apple cider or possibly juice
- Saute/fry apples, almonds, onion and celery in butter for 5 min, stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Toss together with bread cubes and raisins; add in apple mix.
- Stir egg in 1/3 c. apple cider; toss into bread mix.
- Add in more cider if moister stuffing is desired.
- Will stuff a 15 to 20 lb.
- turkey, or possibly two large roasting chickens.
- Makes 10 c..
- Recipe can behalved, but still use 1 egg.