Apple Harvest Squares
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups apples, sliced and peeled
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/3 cup flaked coconut
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs; press into the bottom of a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Arrange the apple slices on top of crumbs; sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar with cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine remaining sugar with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spoon over baked apples; bake for another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares while still warm.