Almond Flan Recipe
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 4 x Large eggs
- 1 x and 2/3 c. sweetened condensed lowfat milk
- 2/3 c. lowfat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 c. crushed almonds
- In a saucepan, place brown sugar and water and heat over medium heat till mix caramelizes.
- Pour into a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl beat Large eggs; add in milks, vanilla and almonds and beat for 15 seconds.
- Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place cake pan in a larger baking dish which is filled with 1-inch of water and bake for 60 - 75 min at 325 degrees or possibly till toothpick comes out clean.
- Chefs Notes: Use your favorite egg substitute, fat free condensed lowfat milk and low fat lowfat milk.