Acorn Squash'N Pasta Soup
- 8 ounces pasta, ditalini
- 2 medium acorn squash split, peeled, seeded, quartered
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large onions chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon mace ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 39 3/4 ounces chicken broth, low salt
- 1 cup sour cream, non-fat
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Cook squash in one inch of water in covered saucepan for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Scrape out pulp and put back in pot.
- Add margarine, onion, carrots, sugar, mace, ginger and cinnamon.
- Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add 3 cups of the broth and puree all in a blender or food processor.
- Return to the pot and add remaining three cups of broth, bring to a boil and add pasta.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until pasta is done.
- Before serving, blend sour cream and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Put dollop on top of each bowl of soup.
- Serve hot.
- NOTE: If soup is too thick, thin with additional chicken broth.