Almond Chocolate Chip Bars
- 12 cup sugar
- 12 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 teaspoon baking powder
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 12 cup semi-sweet real chocolate chips
- 12 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 13 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350F
- Combine sugar, 1/2 cup butter and almond extract in large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread batter into greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon butter and milk in small bowl; mix well.
- Spread over cooled bars.
- Sprinkle with almonds; press lightly into glaze.