Apple Dapple Cake
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) oil
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups (700 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) pecans
- 3 cups (700 ml) apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Spray a tube pan with oil.
- In a mixing bowl, mix oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and add to oil mixture.
- Fold in apples and pecans.
- Spoon into prepared tube pan and bake for one hour.
- Prepare glaze just before taking cake out of the oven.
- Mix ingredients together and microwave for 3 minutes, in 1 minute intervals.
- Pour over hot cake and let completely cool in pan, even over night will work.
- Loosen from sides from pan and remove.