"Skinny" Oatmeal Walnut Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 12 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 12 cup pure maple syrup
- 14 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 12 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 12 cup raisins
- 13 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350; line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silpat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar on medium speed.
- Add the egg, followed by the maple syrup, apple sauce and vanilla extract.
- Working by hand with a spatula, stir in the dry ingredients until just combined and no streaks of flour remain; stir in the oats, raisins and chopped walnuts.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 12 - 15 minutes, or until cookies become light brown at the edges.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3 or 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.