Apple Stuffed Squash Recipe
- 2 x Acorn squash halved and seeded
- 1 Tbsp. Melted butter or possibly margarine
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 2 c. Cooked white or possibly brown rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 c. Unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 c. Minced celery
- 1/2 c. Minced toasted pecans
- 1/4 c. Packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Onion pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Grnd ginger
- 4 sm Apple wedges
- Place squash cut-side down in shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 min.
- Turn squash cut-side up; brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and cinnamon.
- Combine rice, applesauce, celery, pecans, brown sugar, onion pwdr, and ginger.
- Fill squash proportionately with rice stuffing.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 to 30 min.
- Garnish with apple wedges.