6WBM Breakfast Sausage-Jimmy Dean Style
- 2 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 12 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 12 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular
- 12 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 14 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 14 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 14 cup no-salt-added chicken broth, as needed
- Combine ground turkey with all other ingredients and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Form into patties, about 2.75 ounces for a cooked 2 ounce patty.
- Cook over moderate heat until cooked thoroughly, about 3 minutes per side, DO NOT OVERCOOK.